Have you ever prick up yours to listen to nature? She is telling us human stories and Plume de Carotte will share them with you…
Founded in 2001, Plume de Carotte focuses on the relationship between humans and the environment. Nature is for us a huge playground, where chances to make discoveries, and to marvel know no limit. Through our books, we want to pass on our love of nature and to broaden people’s mind to its wealth.
Plume de Carotte investigates the relationship between man and nature, as knowing what is around us permit us to know ourselves better and to be able to understand where our place is in this environment.
Moreover, Plume de Carotte is involved in environmental issues and wishes to raise people’s awareness of sustainable development and civic-minded actions.
If you wish to acquire the translation copyrights for any of the titles from our catalogue, please contact our copyrights department firstname.lastname@example.org
These books always start from ideas revolving around our deep connection to nature – whether it be based on its role in our diet, our way of dressing, our health, or because it inspires us thus giving simple toys, inventions and work of art to us.
These books offer to celebrate our relationship with nature thanks to precise, scholarly and poetic texts, but also visually by means of inventive layouts that present in life-size some precious collections coming directly from nature or from museum.
- Histoires d’arbres remarquables (Stories of remarkable trees)
- Cuisine des jardins du monde (Garden cooking of the world)
- De mémoire de potagers (Memoirs of vegetable gardens)
- De mémoires de vergers (Memoirs of orchards)
- Jouets de plantes (Toys of plants)
- Jouets de 4 éléments (Play with the 4 elements)
- Plantes à boire (Drinkable plants)
- Quand la nature inspire les peintres (When nature inspires painters)
- Quand la nature inspire la science (When nature inspires science)
- Le grand livre des ressources végétales (The great book of vegetable resources)
- Histoires de vergers (Stories of orchards)
- Histoires de potagers (Stories of vegetable gardens)
Whether they are pets, wild ones, from the sea or even extinct, animals and humans share earth from time immemorial. Some are close to us, others remain unknown. All of them show the spectacular wealth of our biodiversity, whether it be on earth, sea or sky. They fed legends, stories, fantasy and myths… They still have a lot to teach to us. Plume de Carotte will narrate you their stories and secrets.
- Bestiaire disparu (The bestiary of extinct species)
- Le bestiaire fermier (The bestiary of the farm)
- Le bestiaire marin (The bestiary of the sea)
- Le bestiaire sauvage (The bestiary of wild animals)
It looks like a utopian dream, a wish, a hope… could it be a true willpower? This collection gathers booklets that give you the keys of alternative way of life in order to live in the respect of environment, and intends to permit to everyone to become a sensible player in everyday life.
- être écovoyageur (To be an eco-traveller)
- Jardiner autrement (Another way of gardening)
- La biodiversité et moi (Biodiversity and I)
- Le bio dans votre assiette (Organic food in my plate)
- Mon enfant et moi (My child and I)
- Votre habitat naturel (Your natural home)
First of all, a herbarium is the story of passion, collection, and memory. Behind herbariums, there are men that wished to pass on knowledge or to bring out the botanical heritage. For all these herbarium, we carry out a substantial investigation work to gather and to offer you these hidden or forgotten treasures. Numerous partners help us in this work; they are museums, universities, researchers and private individuals – we thank them warmly for this.
What interest us reproducing these touching documents is to pass on what they carry, whether it be on a scientific, historical or an aesthetic point of view.
- L’herbier boisé (The wooded herbarium)
- L’herbier d’une vie (The life herbarium)
- L’herbier des explorateurs (The explorer’s herbarium)
- L’herbier érotique (The erotic herbarium)
- L’herbier fantastique (The fantastic herbarium)
- L’herbier oublié (The forgotten herbarium)
- L’herbier parfumé (The perfumed herbarium)
- L’herbier toxique (The toxic herbarium)
- L’herbier voyageur (The travelling herbarium)
On the beginning there is the nature, a wonderful setting to play, discover and share. First step: observe flowers, herbs, leaves, pebbles and trees…Second step: steeped in with elements, colours, shapes. Third step: think about nature as a place of creation and exhibition. First of all, the land art is a game between man and nature. In this collection, Marc Pouyet invites you to become an artist.
- Artistes de nature (Nature artists)
- Artistes de jardin (Garden artists)
- Joueurs de nature (Land art games)
- Artistes de nature en ville (Nature artists in town)
- Land art de printemps (Spring land art)
- Land art d’été (Summer land art)
- Cahier d’activités Land art (Activities book on land art)
There is a difference between hearing and listening; there is another one between seeing and looking. This collection intends to open your eyes on nature in order to discover the shapes, the movements, the stories that tell you landscapes and streams.
- Formes de nature (Forms from Nature)
- Itinéraire d’une goutte d’eau (The route of a drop water)
- Lectures de paysages (Reading landscapes)
To take position and to debate with humour and philosophy and nature, its place in politics space, received idea… To this aim, we appeal committed authors that wish to open the talk with their readers and to offer food for thought – and it doesn’t mean taking themselves seriously!
- La nature au café du commerce (Common preconception on nature)
- Semez pour résister ! (Sow to resist!)
- Louper son jardin sans complexe (How to fail one’s garden without complex)
According to Plume de Carotte, curiosity is not an ugly fault, on contrary! Our collection Terra Curiosa is like a box full of treasures from nature, it offers to everyone to learn and know with pleasure. All these plants have stories to tell and this collection will permit you to discover all of their secrets.
- Champignons (Mushrooms)
- Chanvres et cannabis (Hemp and cannabis)
- Cueillettes sauvages (Wild Harvesting)
- Insectes comestibles (Eatable insects)
- Oliviers (Olive tree)
- Plantes à bonbons (Plants to make candies)
- Plantes à teinter (Dying plants)
- Plantes aphrodisiaques (Aphrodisiac plants)
- Plantes de beauté (Plants for beauty)
- Plantes à parfum (Plants for perfume)
- Plantes porte bonheur (Lucky charm plants)
- Plantes sorcières (Witch plants)
- Raisins (Grapes)
- Tomates (Tomatoes)
- Plantes de Poilus (Plants of the « Poilus », The flowers and the rifle in 1914-18)